The 2011-2012 IASPM-US Nomination Committee seeks calls for nominations from IASPM-US’s membership to fill the positions of secretary, treasurer, two Open Seats and one Student Seat (each of which is a two-year term) on the Executive Committee. Descriptions of each position are located below.
All active members of IASPM-US are eligible to run for elected office. Any member may make a nomination by sending an email to Theo Cateforis (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 3 February 2012. Self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
We look forward to your nominations!
IASPM-US Nomination Committee
DUTIES OF SECRETARY
The secretary shall:
- Certify and keep at the principal office of the corporation the original, or a copy, of these Bylaws as amended or otherwise altered to date.
- Keep at the principal office of the corporation or at such other place as the board may determine, a book of minutes of all meetings of the directors, the members, and if applicable, meetings of committees of directors and of members, recording therein the time and place of holding, whether regular or special, how called, how notice thereof was given, the names of those present or represented at the meeting, and the proceedings thereof.
- See that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as required by law.
- Be custodian of the records and of the seal of the corporation and affix the seal, as authorized by law or the provisions of these Bylaws, to duly executed documents of the corporation.
- Keep at the principal office of the corporation a membership book containing the name, address, and dues status of all members, and, in the case where any membership[ has been terminated, he or she shall record such fact in the membership book together with the date on which such membership ceased.
- Exhibit at all reasonable times to any director or officer of the corporation, or to her or his agent or attorney, on request therefore, the Bylaws, the membership book, and the minutes of the proceedings of the directors and other units of the corporation.
- In general, perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation, or by these Bylaws or which may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the Board of Directors or the membership.
DUTIES OF TREASURER
The treasurer shall:
- Have charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds and securities of the corporation, and deposit all such funds in the name of the corporation in such banks, trust companies, or other depositories as shall be selected by the Board of Directors.
- Receive, and give receipt for, monies due and payable to the corporation from any source whatsoever. Disburse, or cause to be disbursed, the funds of the corporation as may be directed by the Board of Directors or Executive Committee, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements.
- Keep and maintain adequate and correct accounts of the corporation’s properties and business transactions, including accounts of assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains and losses.
- Exhibit at all reasonable times the books of account and financial records to any director or officer of the corporation, or to her or his agent or attorney, on request therefor.
- Render to the President and directors, whenever requested, an account of any or all of his or her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of the corporation.
- Prepare, or cause to be prepared, and certify or cause to be certified, the financial statements to be included in any required reports. In general, perform all duties incident to the office Treasurer and such other duties as may be required by law, the Articles of Incorporation of the corporation, or by these Bylaws, or which may be assigned to her or him from time to time by the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee or the membership.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Open Seats and Student Seat)
The Executive Committee shall: direct the day-to-day operations of the corporation. It shall consist of fifteen members, including the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, Past President, a total of three Open Seats (one elected in an odd year and two elected in an even year), and two Student Seats elected by the members. Three other members shall be appointed by the elected Executive Committee to serve as publications officers responsible for the Journal of Popular Music Studies, the chapter newsletter, and the web site. Honorary members of the Executive Committee shall be appointed by the Board of Directors as it deems appropriate. The two most recently appointed Honorary members will serve as voting members of the Executive Committee. By a majority vote of its members, the board may at any time revoke or modify any or all of the Executive Committee authority so delegated. The Executive Committee shall keep regular minutes of its proceedings, cause them to be filed with the corporate records, and report the same to the Board from time to time as the Board may require.